Sunday, August 22, 2010

ARRIVAL!

Hey everybody I thought I would try and do a quick blog post before we have to go back to orientation.  We arrived in the P.I. on Sunday night around 1 AM.  After a 2 hour delay in Detroit we made it to Japan about 12.5 hours later, then it was on to Manila for a 3.5 hour flight.  We are in a resort just outside Manila and they are keeping us held up in here pretty good for now.  I think we get to leave the "compound" on Wednesday to do some water safety training.  I am developing some close bonds already with some of my fellow volunteers.  THe food is pretty good so far, but since were at a resort I want to reserve judgement.  It is not even the hot season yet and the weather is insanely hot!  Some of us played soccer yesterday during a break and it was rather difficult breathing with the heavy air.  However, it did start to rain during the game which provided some relief.  Ok I have run out of time need to get back to orientation.  Will try do post something again soon.  Hope all is well back home inthe States
Salamat !

Rob

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you so soon amigo. Sounds like you had a long journey there and your volunteering will start soon. Make sure to let me know how the "Viz" is over there! Watch out for the Buklaus

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert I send you something on your blog but I am not sure if I send it right. Your Dad is so happy to share your blog with us with your grandparents. Your grandpa hoping that you send us or me a picture or up dates on your adventure so I creat my own blog see if you could send it there and your grandpa could read it. He is very proud of you. I sincerly hope that what ever your guys are doing will improve the future of so many people. Thank you so much for helping my country and the people to conserve our resources if there any left. I dont know the language in iloilo. I am glad that you are adjusting very well, You are brave to try to eat Balut. I know what it is and I could never eat that. They say it has lots of protein.
    time to go grandpa got to go to bed. hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete