Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Pictures of my house

I finally was able to get a quick enough Internet connection to be able to post of pictures of my new place.  I am sure you all had a vision of what this place should look like.  But, this is what about 40 American dollars per month gets you in this beautiful country.  I think my rent is about 1/2 or 1/4 of your IPhone bill..... It is "studio" with a bathroom and a kitchen that two people can fit into at a time.  Simple living at its finest... 



View from the front door, cement floors throughout

My bed and a few chairs for entertaining

My bathroom complete with Filipino toilet that you bucket flush and a bucket shower. PeaceCorps style

Kitchen

Aloy, fish my friends and I cooked for my first night in my new apt.


2 comments:

  1. Hey fellow MU alum,

    Marquette made the Sweet Sixteen! That's the good news. The bad news is they play North Carolina. A few upsets this year. I think I'm probably finished in both of my pools.

    Your mom got into the family pool this year. She had Marquette going the Elite Eight. I think your dad is going to be tough to beat this year. Too bad you couldn't get in. Maybe you were able to catch part of some games on the web?

    Your new pad looks pretty sweet! Hopefully, Milwaukee prepared you. At least you don't have to worry about those noisy radiators! Well, take care!

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Bob
    Love the inside look into the pad. reminds me of sleeping on a postage stamp help up by some bamboo!! The best look is that pedal bike very Californian looks like grandmas Caddy! Sounds like Bob Carroll is on the political trail to raise cash for the MPA'S! get those mayors to fork. Can't beat that experience. Placing the first MPA in Buenavista is a huge accomplishment! You and your counterparts should be extremely proud!! Nice they surprised you i Iloilo in your favorite spot that Morgan seems nice to old 26yr Bobby! Keep pushing and coming up with ideas the Tapia for the fishermen is unique! Getting something in return Keep the bucket full for the expoding LBM' Happy easter send an email or skype we miss you

    ReplyDelete